Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome members, friends and guests.  My name is Chuck McCaskill and I'm the Golf Course Superintendent at Diamond Oaks Country Club.  I've held this position since March 2010.  I've thoroughly enjoyed being able to work for such a great facility.  2010 was a great year and I hope the conditions we provided met your expectations.

Since Diamond Oaks does not utilize a monthly newsletter, I thought this would be a great way to be able to communicate what we have going on around the course.  I have several friends in the business that use a blog to communicate with their members.  I hope to be able to use this to post pertinent information regarding course conditions, projects and seasonal maintenance practices.  I will be able to post pictures as well as post links to information I find relevant.

A little about myself.  I graduated from Texas A&M University in 1998 with a Bachelor's degree in Agronomy with a specialization in Turfgrass Management.  I've lived in the Metroplex ever since.  In 1998 I went to work as Assistant Superintendent at Sky Creek Ranch Golf Club in Keller, where I assisted with the construction of the course.  In 2001, I accepted my first Superintendent's position at Woodhaven Country Club.  After a short time there, I had the opportunity to be the Superintendent of the Fazio Resort Course at Stonebriar Country Club, where I stayed for just over seven years.  In 2005, I achieved the status of Certified Golf Course Superintendent, as recognized by the Golf Course Superintendent's Association of America; a status which I still hold current today.  I volunteer my time with our local association, the North Texas Golf Course Superintendent's Association, and held the office of President in 2009.  I am becoming more involved on the national level and aspire to one day run for a Board of Director's position.

I hope you find the information I provide in this forum to be useful and beneficial.  The best way to contact me is via e-mail at aggieturfman98@gmail.com.  If you ever have a comment, good or bad, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I'll see you out on the course!

No comments:

Post a Comment